Digital Initiatives Working Group
There shall be a Digital Initiatives Working Group (DIWG) of no fewer than 6 persons selected from the library staff of SCELC Members. DIWG members shall be appointed by the Executive Committee based upon the recommendations of SCELC Members. DIWG members shall elect their own Chairperson who shall serve as liaison to the SCELC Board of Directors and Executive Director.
Any regular changes in membership shall be made concurrent with SCELC's Annual Business Meeting. At that time, the DIWG will present an annual report and its charter shall be reviewed by the Executive Committee with the goal of rotating membership and renewing the Working Group charter as needed.
With assistance from SCELC's Administrative Office, the DIWG members shall
a forum for discussing and evaluating digital library technologies,
including but not limited to
- Digital archiving projects, institutional repositories, and digital asset management systems
- Digital preservation resources and Trusted Repositories
- Analog-to-digital conversion tools and resources
- Electronic Resource Management tools
- Federated search and other scholarly tools
- Social computing models
- Web 2.0 technologies, including "mashups"
- Digital Rights Management and copyright issues
- Scholarly Communication
- Open Access initiatives
- Library support for course management and distance learning systems
- Standards, policies, and best practices
- Gather data from the library staff of SCELC Members about current digital initiatives among the member libraries
- Educate SCELC Members about current tools, practices, and trends in library digital initiatives
- Make recommendations to the Executive Committee concerning opportunities to pursue consortial digital initiatives
- Identify funding opportunities, such as grants or joint projects, where SCELC might utilize such funds to subsidize member libraries' digital initiatives
DIWG Discussion List
Librarians who serve on the DIWG are all automatically subscribed to the DIWG mailing list. For any questions or for more information about the list, send a message to scelcdiwg [at] lists [dot] scelc [dot] org or visit DIWG List.
Librarians who serve on the DIWG may be eligible for Travel Reimbursement.